Wednesday, December 19, 2012

We have been so stormy these past few days with lots of high winds and water over the bulkheads and even snow. Big, fat, wet flakes piling up, making me dream of white Christmases only to have the snow vanish in a short, short time. It is also the time of the year that I truly enjoy being in my shop. I like the smooth comforting energy of people getting ready for the holiday, making gifts, visiting their families in town and just hanging out. I don't quite have to get into the swing of things and get ready for the really big Tucson show and most of my Christmas to do list is pretty small so I can relax and enjoy people.

Now as the wind is howling outside my door, the rain pelting the window panes and I can feel myself getting drowsy, I will let you know that I am continuing to draw almost nightly in my little living room sketchbook. I am transported to another world where colors are plentiful, people are happy, everything seems to have wings and light and love and people do not go about slaughtering each other.

I am dreaming of a peaceful place where safety and love belong to all of us and are given freely like rain to the earth. In this time of peace and goodwill to men, I am praying that we all have a life of love, comfort, safety, friendship and peace.





No comments: