Monday, March 19, 2012

Storms

I know tomorrow is supposed to be the first day of spring but you can not tell it by the strong winds blowing outside tonight. Nor could you feel spring yesterday when we drove to Olympia in first snow, then sleet, then hail. I am ready for a little more sun. Not a lot and I am certainly not asking for heat but a spot of sun here and there would feel good and uplifting.

Yesterday, we took the day off and drove down the Hood Canal to Olympia. I love that drive especially coming up and over Mount Walker where the tree line meets the road and the snow in the trees looks almost dreamlike.

Even Jake and his side kick Ben, went with us on the promise that Jake could drive through the business park and practice parking.

Right now, since I need to work again tomorrow on my day off, I am calling it a night and heading off to dreamland but first some pictures from around the canal.


Snow!



No comments: