Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Artwork

Loving the texture of the canvas paper.

It isn't always easy to find the time to pursue my passion of painting. These are little square paintings that I began this past summer and am finally moving towards finishing now. The months have flown by as these paintings sat on my ancient wooden drawing table. Working on small is not easy. They must have all the elements of a successful painting like composition, color, pattern, perspective in a very contained area. I get frustrated and feel like my arms are shortened and can not reach out and spread into my painting. I have to content myself with thinking that someday - someday - I will make the paintings BIG. Six foot square paintings on canvas, I will need a step stool to reach all their edges, I will stretch my arms out and layer color upon color, texture upon texture until even the painting absorbs my body, my person, my soul.

No comments: