Monday, January 31, 2011

Tucson Time

It has been an exhausting few days so far here in Tucson. The shows for 2011 have begun and I have done a lot of shopping. The stones are big, bigger, biggest and the chinese crystal market has exploded in a riot of colors, I could not resist. Looking for just plain round, small stones is a fruitless ( stoneless? ) search as everything is definitely geared for large profile jewelry with chain being the go to item for this year.

With silver and gold prices being so high, there is not much of either about at the shows. I see the usual fake silver and there are many new names for " silver " none of which is actually silver let alone sterling. I am really enjoying all the fondling, of gemstones that is!

I am also having a great time visiting friends, eating too much GOOD mexican food and enjoying the desert colors and textures. evening finds me totally wiped out and ready for a good snooze.

This year's Whole Bead Show, at which I am exhibiting, promises new excitement as I have new neighbors beside my show table for the first time in 17 years. I am looking forward to meeting them.

I will be reagling you with pictures as soon as I am home! Goodnight for now! xo

No comments: