Sunday, September 12, 2010

Corn Roast

Today, on this fine Sunday afternoon; we went to a corn roast at Heather and Greg Reseck's farm. This is the end result of fresh corn roasted in a stone lined pit. Pretty to look at and wonderful to eat. Such a pretty afternoon and a wonderfully tranquil spot. You could smell fall in the air and the rainy season hovering right around the corner.











A beautiful feather that I found outside the hay barn's doors. I think it looks like a hawk's feather but then maybe it is from an owl of some sort. I did not see any birds in the barn itself and still wonder what pretty fellow lost this feather which I made Phil carry in his breast pocket so I could press it into a journal.It was a peaceful, relaxing afternoon before the busyness of the coming week.

No comments: