Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Of comets, misty mornings and hot days.


Today finds me at home in the office, once again doing paperwork and thinking about business, life, beads and what ever is for dinner. On August 1st, it is my plan to be returning to the shop to work behind the counter. Things will be different even as I strive to make them the same. I have no idea as of this moment, what changes can be in store for you, my much missed customer or for my family or even for me. We will just have to see. Keep your beady little eye on our Facebook and Instagram pages for changes and updates.

My website, wynwoods.com has lots of new changes. We have worked to clean it up some, make things clearer, deleted old inventory and added many new things. There are new charms and a new selection of jewelry. Need a quick gift? Check out the jewelry pages. I can wrap it for you, customize the piece and even add a card. I actually like packaging things! Plus the easiest gift of all? I can place a charm on a chain or ear wires and presto! Gift done. Just let me know.

I am adding a few pictures here just for fun and will be taking these few days off to pretend I am on a vacation. I even read TWO, that's right, TWO, books in the last week. I can not tell you when I last did that!


This is my studio assistant these days.



+
 We have also added fabric to the site and will keep adding more fabric and trim in the coming days and weeks. You have asked about this for years and finally, I am taking the time to do this. Of course, you can still call the shop and I will always be happy to text you pictures too. By the way, flamingos rock a face mask! ( Masks have to be worn all the time in my shop per the governor and me. ) Might as well have some fun with the masks!

Flamingos rock a face mask!!

Finally, I have been sort of obsessed with watching for the comet. I mean, how spectacular to look at something now and know no one will see it here again in 6ooo years! I love the summer night skies and the coolness late evening brings and the hush that just descends on the neighborhood. Watching stars and planets on a cool summer evening is a little vacation itself.
Hunting for the comet in the northeast at Point Hudson.
Comet Neowise.

In case you are wondering, the two books I read are MORE THAN YOU KNOW by Beth Gutcheon which I very much enjoyed, fiction,  and HEADS IN BEDS, A Reckless Memoir of Hotels... by Jacob Tomsky. Non Fiction. When this pandemic is over, I will be a much wiser hotel room renter! I loved living with Jacob Tomsky on the edge of hotel life and his customer stories... wow! Good beach read for the summer.

In the meantime, I hope to see you either on line or in the shop. Have a safe, healthy and socially distanced summer!




No comments: