Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stuff Happens!

From a tiny window crack grew enough broken glass to take out three big display windows! It looks as if Port Townsend is expecting a hurricane rather than the east coast but this is the view of the front of my shop with boarded up window slots minus the windows! It was not vandalism or an act of nature but rather time itself and a lot of wood rot that caused the windows to break! I am trying to remind myself of how nice new windows will look after their installation on Tuesday. Given lemons one needs to make lemonade!



These are what my front window displays look like on higher stools with their new plywood background. I know it is just temporary until the new glass arrives but it is challenging to merchandise around the boarded up windows. I am such a maniac for display that even something like broken windows makes my display juices begin to flow!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I'm happy to know that it is just age. I went by a few days ago on the bus and immediately thought it WAS vandalism.