Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I looked up from my work table in the studio and out the window over my desk and I saw a beautiful sight; a mama deer and two twin spotted fawns. They were the tiniest I have ever seen! They just strolled by my studio, the fawns a bit wobbly. I am only sorry that my camera was not handy. All my neighbors on my side of the street, there are 3 have their back lots in tall weeds and grass. I do too except that I have some fir mixed in and alders. All volunteers. Yesterday, they all got together and mowed their fields so now there is no place for the deer to hide except my field. I am not gonna cut it. Nope, no way, no how. I like it all wild and I know the local animals do too.I think it is very pretty. No one has asked me to cut it yet but I have my answers all prepared anyhow!

No comments: