Thursday, October 17, 2024

Website

 It is kaput. My website is down. I can not figure out how to fix it and my web guy that has been with me for decades has decided to retire and that is that. Anyhow, I met a nice guy last week that can do a website for me and now I need to decide how much of a site I want. I am thinking of scaling down all that on line ordering and shopping carts and .... and....

Maybe just a meet and greet page where you get the basics of my shop for now. You know, hours of operation, days open, forms of payment taken and so on. Maybe after the first of the year I can do a bigger site. I am asking myself how much time I want to devote to all the on line things. I love FB and Instagram and like keeping things posted there. Of course, you can always contact me on these sites and ask me to mail you anything you find interesting. You can email me or call the shop. If you leave a voice mail, I will call you back. You can even email me a technical how to question or several.

What I like best about my shops is being with people. Talking, sharing, laughing. Being out and about, not in front of a computer screen. I like encouraging your creativity face to face. I get inspiration from you and I hope you get the same form me. It saddens me to think of how isolated we have become especially since the pandemic shutdown in 2020.  I like being asked questions. I like that I have known some of my customers since they were little kids. I like that your families have grown up with my shop. When you come in and say, " I am so happy you are still here..." my heart grows bigger. My soul soars. 

Until I figure this all out without a huge amount of stress, I hope you will continue to visit me on FB and Instagram and best of all, in person. I like knowing you. 

As we move forward on life's creative journey; I want you to know that with the deepest gratitude, I am glad you have been here with me, in the shop, on our joint journeys through life and craft. 

No comments: