Sunday, May 26, 2024

Anxiously Awaiting Warmer but not Hot days!

 This weekend marks the unofficial beginning of summer and I know I am anxiously, more than anxiously, waiting for some warmer summer days to sit outside without 4 layers of clothes on and time to just be out of the house. Winter has seemed kind of long and with all this rain of lately ( which I am totally grateful for, by the way ) everything is big, lush and green and calling out for some attention from me. I tell these beautiful trees and plants to just wait my lovelies, I am heading your way soon with clippers, a wheelbarrow and more! 

In the meantime, just to remind you that summer even comes to beads; here are a few new arrivals. 

I hear birdies calling me! Glass bead birds are here!

A customer's selection of summer colors for her new beadwork. Size 11.

I am patiently waiting for new beads set to arrive from the Czech Republic in the next couple of weeks. Waiting is not my specialty and I want all the beads now. Oh well, I will just have to dream of them and the new projects my customers and myself will think up. 

Irish Catholic Rosary with green shamrocks.


In the meantime I have kept myself busy by making rosaries for the shop. We have not had a hearty selection of late and I am remedying that these days. This particular rosary will be the last of its kind. I usually cast my own rosary centers and crucifixes but this one I purchased probably 20 years ago from a US family on the east coast. They had a wonderful business but retired during the pandemic. So this is it. I am sad. The gold rosary like this sold a few weeks back. Perhaps some day I will find a stash of these rosary parts. I just know I will keep looking!

Until then, I hope to see you in the shop or online. Did you know that warmer weather allows us to once again make warehouse appointments? Just let us know at the shop. We have the sweetest warehouse with a big, not in the shop, selection.

HAPPY BEADING! xo, Lois



No comments: